Sunday 15 June 2008

cremation or Burial

Okay,

A morbid topic I know but an important one. Ive just been to the crematorium to visit my grandma and grandad, and as a latter day saint (Mormon), it seems cremation is frowned upon and burial is better, as it allows the spirit to leave easier. The cematorium seems a much more relaxing place, with swans and a relxaing atmosphere that I would love my family and friends to remmeber me by, rather than a graveyard which always seems quite spooky, as though hands are going to come out of the soil and grab your foot. They are unkept and cold headstones.

I guess what im thinking is this isnt for me but for people I leave behind. The truth is I normally do not think of things like this, having no funeral arrangements planned, but when our time is up in this mortal coil, we need to think about leaving at easy as possible for those we leave behind.

No comments: